We are aware that many demands for giving are placed on families at various points in the year and that many resources are finite. Some years ago, we chose to select a charity each school year that will be our focus. We alternate between local, national and global charities. Sometimes it may be a charity that has helped a family of ours or one they have a connection to. It may be in response to a national or international crisis. Suggestions are given and the Worship Team choose one. In the past we have supported local/ national charities of:
- St John’s Hospice
- RNLI; a vital service in our locality highlighted by the cockling tragedy that occurred in Morecambe Bay. Some of our parents volunteer for this service and were involved in the recovery of the victims of this exploitation.
- Alder Hey Children’s hospital
- Manchester Children’s hospital.
- Royal British Legion (2018 for the centenary of the end of WW1)
Further afield we have supported:
- Toilet Twinning; all our toilets are twinned with those in developing countries.
- Christian Aid; we bought a number of animals to promote self-sufficiency in the developing world.
- Smile Train; we paid for two cleft palate surgeries and after care.
We collect within each class on a weekly basis and take collections at our nativity performances, Carol Service and Leavers’ Service. These donations go to our named charity.
We also support events throughout the year e.g. foodbank at Harvest, Children in Need, Comic Relief and the Hospice events such as ‘Elf Run’.
Our chosen charity for 2020-2021 is: Global Link, Lancaster. This is a charity that supports refugees and asylum seekers arriving in the area. They promote:
“Creative learning and action for a just and sustainable world”
More information can be found on their website: